- This event has passed.
Minnesota Clockmaker’s Guild June 2021 Meeting
June 3 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Dial silvering part 1 meeting at a member’s shop in Roseville, MN.
Contact us for directions and with any questions.
List of materials to bring to the session:
– your chapter ring or dial for silvering (printing must be engraved and filled, not painted on), or a piece of brass or copper with engraving on it
– wet dry paper, 100-150-250 grits
– small block of wood to wrap wet dry paper around
– small plastic pan or bowl that your dial fits into and holds water (small cat litter pan works well)
– alcohol lamp or candle for heating shellac – empty soup cans that can fit under your dial to raise it up for heating
– small scrap of brass, copper or thin wood (tongue depressor) with one thin straight edge to use as a spatula
– paper towels
– face/dust mask